Dick & Amelia Scholarship Program
The purpose of the Dick and Amelia Saulsbury Scholarship fund is to provide financial assistance to students with an interest in pursuing education in the fields of accounting/finance, construction science, construction trades, human resources, or engineering.
The program is administered by Scholarship America, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance, and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals.
Recipients are selected on the basis of academic performance, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, a statement of career and educational goals and objectives and an independent third party appraisal.
Up to four (4) awards of $2,500 each will be granted. Awards are not renewable; however, students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Financial need will not be considered.
Applications must be submitted by March 10, 2017.
· Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be dependent* children, age 24 and under, of full-time Saulsbury Industries, Inc. employees who have a minimum of two years of employment with the company as of the application deadline date
- Dependent children are children of employees who qualify for benefit s provided by the Sponsor
- Be high school seniors or graduates or current postsecondary undergraduates
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire 2017-2018 academic year
- Be pursuing accounting/finance, construction science, construction trades, human resources, or engineering
- Have, at the time of the Applicant's application, a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent)
- Children of Vice Presidents and above are ineligible to apply